IMPLANTS – MULTIPLE TOOTH REPLACEMENT
When two or more teeth are missing, it may be possible to replace your missing teeth with an implant-supported bridge.
An implant-supported bridge is far superior to removable dentures or multiple tooth supported fixed bridges.
Here are some of the advantages of dental implants:
- Dental implants virtually stop the bone resorption process (deterioration)
- Implants are much more comfortable and stable than partial dentures
- The integrity of the facial structure is maintained (no sagging jaw line)
- The gum line stays intact – not eaten away by metal clasps
- Natural biting and chewing capacity is restored
- Adjacent natural teeth are preserved
- You can eat what you want, when you want, where you want – steak, corn on the cob, apples, crunchy snacks, sticky snacks
- Dental implants look, act, and feel just like natural teeth
- Dental implants are permanent – no need to deal with messy adhesives or cleaning solutions
Replacing multiple teeth using dental implants with an implant supported fixed bridge gives your teeth a level of fit, feel and functionality that is not possible with other treatments. The process is often completed over multiple visits:
- Consultation which includes initial examination, imaging of your teeth, a thorough assessment about your dental and medical history, discussion of your treatment options and referral for a cone beam radiograph.
- A Planning stage where we will review your scans and discuss in more detail the treatment options.
- Placement of the dental implants that will be used to support your replacement teeth. Temporary teeth can be placed while the dental implant integrates with your natural bone to form a strong foundation for your replacement teeth. Most people return to work the next day, and any discomfort can typically be treated with commonly used pain medication.
- Placement of a fixed, implant supported bridge which is customised to match the colour of your natural teeth and secured to your implant to ensure that they function, feel and appear like your other teeth.
You will be required to visit our rooms at Dental Reflections for follow up appointments over the months of your treatment so that we can ensure that all is healing well and your mouth is comfortable.
Long term success, as with all dental treatment, is dependent on regular hygiene maintenance with our team of oral health therapists and thorough examinations by our Dentists.
If you would like to book an appointment to discuss possible options of multiple dental implants call Dental Reflections on 9300 1337.