Emergency Services Perth & Joondalup
Here at Dental Reflections, we understand that dental emergencies can happen any day, any time. We reserve appointments daily Monday – Friday to accommodate any urgent situations that may arise.
If a toothache occurs or you’re experiencing soft tissue and gums soreness, take an oral painkiller. Follow the directions on the packet or bottle. Do not rub aspirin or other pain killers directly onto sore gums because it can burn the gum. Please contact the clinic immediately to book an appointment.
What is a dental emergency?
- Trauma to the teeth or mouth with or without bleeding. It is always best for one of our dentists to have a look at the tooth and take an x-ray
- Facial swelling
- Tooth knocked out
If you have knocked out a permanent tooth, please follow these steps and contact the clinic immediately. If a tooth is replaced within 30minutes, it has a good chance of re-attaching.
- Do not touch the tooth root. Pick it up by the crown
- Do not wash the tooth but it is important not to let it dry out. You can either have the patient suck it clean or rinse it with saline or milk.
- If possible, try to put the tooth back into position – please do not do this if it is too stressful or painful.
- If you’re unable to replace the tooth, wrap it in sandwich wrap or put it in a glass of saline or milk. Another option would be to ask the patient to carry it in the pouch between the cheek and teeth.
All front office staff at Dental Reflections are experienced and trained in dentistry and can help answer any questions you may have. If you need an emergency dentist in Joondalup, contact Dental Reflections on 08 9300 1337!